Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday thoughts

Vintage Christmas Greeting Cards from Zazzle.com


I thought this card picture was going to show up on my blog, but I guess that didn't happen.....


Well, I think I'm pretty much ready for Christmas, but even if I'm not.....it's still going to be here. In 5 days and no less! 8-{
This year is sort of an unusual year as far as Christmas is concerned. For one thing I haven't baked any goodies, and also my immediate family & I have decided we're not going to give each other gifts. The reason being mainly financial; there just seems to be a shortage if money trees around here. Well, we might break down & give a couple of gifts. I did buy my sister a DVD. It's Emma ( with Gywneth Paltrow) from good old Ebay. I can post this safely, for I doubt if she ever reads my blog. I know she'll be tickled pink to get it because she has wactched it endlessly on the video we had.

I've had this crazy cold the last 2 weeks. It's not a very severe cold, but it's made me miserable nevertheless. Just a overall feeling of fatigue, on & off scratchy throat, headaches and cough. To be honest, I haven't even cared about Christmas this past week, I felt so blah. I think I'm finally getting over it, though, and should be completely well by Christmas.

I did some shopping today and boy.......was it busy!! I thought I'd be smart and go on Monday, and early in the morning, mind you. Ha! The parking lot at Bath & Body Works was a nightmare. I must have wasted a good ten minutes circling around & dodging careless people walking in the middle of the road. When I finally found a spot to park, right near the door.....another car swooped in from the other direction and got it before I did. Of course....what else do I expect from rabid B & B Works, TJ Maxx & Target shoppers??! I had a whole day like that, fighting for a spot to park and nearly running over more careless ( and impatient) people in the stores. When I got home, I felt spent. Haha~!

Getting back to B & B Works., when I got out of there I found some bird had left me a throughtful gift on my windshield. Yes, this must be the week of bird poop because I seem to keep running into it. This time, it was a big, tan plop of poop which wasn't going anywhere, no matter how madly I made the wipers wipe. All it did was smear all over the whole window. Even the wiper fluid didn't do the job. I kept hoping it would rain, but no.....that would be too much to ask. So, in the end I had to pull over and pour my bottle of water on the windshield while the wipers were going. That didn't even help. So I got to drive around all day with a smeary window. Now, that I think of it I could have stopped at the gas station and cleaned it. Hmmm......sometimes I wonder where my brain is. But, around 2, it did rain and that finally did the trick!

Poor Grandma is sick with an awful cold, and I feel rather guilty that maybe I gave it to her! But, she insists it was the lady who had the cough behind her in Bible study. So, I'm going to blame that lady, too. Grandma has even had to go to Urgent care to get help for her breathing, and she has been so tired. I hope and pray!!! she gets well quickly, because if she doesn't....I'm afraid this could send her over the edge. She's so frail to begin with!

When I haven't felt gross with my cold, I've been having fun decorating the house. I have all these vintage Christmas things that I've collected over the years, and it's been a blast putting it all out. I've got to stop somewhere, though....I'm running out of places to put things!


Well, enough of the blog tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. No money tree here, either. :( I have to go out tomorrow, so I'm going to get a good night of sleep tonight so that I will be patient with all the crazies.

    ReplyDelete