
I just had the fun of rescuing a lost cat! Just a little while ago, my neighbor called and said one of her indoor cats, Dusty, had accidentally gotten outside. She had no idea where Dusty could be & was so worried! She had been looking for him for quite some time, too. Being the cat lover that I am..... I sprang into immediate action and went over to help find Mr. Dusty. Praying as I went, I scoured her yard feeling somewhat doubtful that Dusty would be found very quickly, if at all. And it was dark, too. Behind her house are dense woods that includes a creek, and on other two sides of the property, are busy roads. ( I've had several of my cats squished on these roads in the past, which is unbearably awful to go through )
So, I kept walking & calling, hoping to soon see a little kitty face peeking at me from behind the bushes. I hadn't been out there too long, when I happened to look at my neighbor's sister's house (which is directly below her own house ) and there on the porch steps, sitting very tall & straight.....sat Dusty!! He was waiting to be found, meowing pitifully. I called to him and at first he didn't move, but then as I squatted down & put out my hand, he soon started to come over to me. I was so afraid he would get scared and run off before he got to me, so regardless of the VERY wet grass.....I got down on my knees & grabbed him up quick!
Needless to say, my neighbor was soooooo relieved that Dusty had been found. I was so happy that God has answered yet another prayer, and so very quickly, too!!
I wasn't so happy later when I discovered a big glob of yellow dog poop on my clog! But then.....it was so worth it, seeing how happy my neighbor was & knowing I had probably saved a kitty's life!
Yay! Glad you found Dusty! Cats can be boogers to find!
ReplyDelete