Friday, January 22, 2010

Day of the attacking dog.

I'm tired today, in spite of coffee. I was up earlier than usual, because I had to take my sister to work at 7:30. Unfortunately, she didn't realize her license tabs had expired on her RAV, and was driving around all this time in blissful ignorance. The DMV never sent her any notice to remind her, like they usually do. Last night she got stopped by a policeman, who sternly informed her that she needed new tabs. So, I took her to work in my car until she can get them.

After I returned home, I had the bright idea of taking a walk. I thought it would be a great way to start the day. And it would have been, too if that dumb, ugly dog hadn't attacked my sister's dog, Annika..... who I had with me. It was very scary & annoying!! It somehow got out of its yard and came hurtling towards us. It just kept coming at her over & over, and I don't know what made it finally stop. I guess me yelling, stamping my feet, and hitting it with a stick helped. I just hoped it wouldn't turn on me. Annika was pulling so hard on her leash, and I had the stick in my other hand, so I didn't have as much control as I would have liked to have had. I tripped horribly on Annika & it's a wonder I didn't fall into the frantic mass of growling, squirming dog fur. But, somehow it all ended and we walked away, unscathed. My legs were so shaky after that, I didn't know if I could make it the 1/2 mile back home! But, I did. Now I'm going to have to get their address and call Animal Control, because I refuse to go through that again!! Shame on its owner, to let it do that. It should be tied up or in the house, if it bites other dogs.

I discovered a great way to get myself to drink more water. I put a couple of slices of lemon into my water bottle, add a packet of Stevia which makes a nice drink! It tastes like lemonade. It's very good! I would also like to try it with limes.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I carry a small squirt bottle of white vinegar on my walks and runs. It works wonders on pesky dogs. And I often put lime in my water too--helps when trying to get a lot more of it down!

    ReplyDelete