Saturday, March 26, 2011

Still alive & kicking!

For those of you who have wondered, I'm still alive and kicking.

Spring is finally here, and I am happy! Signs of life are everywhere you look, and it brings hope to my winter-weary heart. It seemed like the most dreary, long winter ever. All the wind storms, cold snaps and power outages seemed to make it even worse. But, I guess we Washingtonians always say that every year.

I love hearing the sparrows and robins singing, because they are simply joyful of the bright days of sunshine. I love to sit in the sunshine and just soak up the warmth.We've been having some really great weather, though the rain showers seem to sneak up on us when we least expect it. We've had some real doozies of rain storms lately. I was beginning to think the front lawn was going to turn into a small lake. The ducks love it, though. All 4 of them.

Yes, we have ducks, but 3 of them are unwelcome guests. They escaped our neighbor's yard along with their giant goose, and found refuge in our yard quite some time ago. Said neighbors came to collect them, but they got out again, and back they came. We went throught this a few times, helping them round up their errant fowl with much waving of arms and shouting. But, the third time they came back, the neighbors decided to ignore it. They never came back to get them. So, here they stay until we figure out what to do with them. We put 3 of them out of the yard out of sheer frustration awhile back ( there were orginally 6 ducks) I later saw all 3 of them smashed on the road on the way to work. That ruined my day!

So, we're debating what we should do with them now. They can't stay here, they'll smash/ eat up all the plants that we'll be putting out this year! Ducks are regular little bulldozers........

Well, enough for now. I need to get some stuff accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm glad you're still alive and kicking! Spring has arrived around here too, sans ducks! ;)

    ReplyDelete