I finally decided it was time to update my blog, before all 3 of my followers forget who I am.
Not a whole lot going on in my world. Though, I guess almost having a computer crash is pretty high up on a the list of monumental happenings. The computer was doing crazy things last Wednesday, but I just figured it was being tempermental. But, it was more than that because it refused to do nothing more than stubbornly show a black screen constantly, with the exception of a feeble, white line halfway right down the middle. Very weird & VERY frustrating!!! I really thought the computer was toast. My uncle came to the rescue, being the computer savvy person that he is and kindly took a look at it. He finally figured out that it was probably a Windows update gone wrong. Sometimes they do that, and the trouble did happen right after the May 26th update. But, thanks to him & also a well-timed idea from my sister, the computer came back from the dead!! So, now I'm a happy camper. :o)
I'm finally beginning to get better from the car accident. It has been a long, slow healing process with setbacks & hours of pain. Seems like my life the past 2 months has existed mainly of doctors visits, Aspercreme, icepacks and long, hot baths!
By the way, I do NOT recommend cupping!! My doctor did it only once to me, and that was one times too many. Not only did it hurt, but it left bright, purple dots all over my back for days that made me look like a polka-dotted butterfly. I can laugh at it now!
In a way, I feel like life has been passing me by lately, and I've been left behind. Or at least been put on hold for awhile. There are so many things I haven't been able to do the last couple of months that I hardly feel like my normal self. But, in between the doctor visits & bouts of pain, I have enjoyed relaxing in the sun, and had many wonderful hours of solitude. I also feel much closer to God now, and have spent many wonderful moments of prayer with Him. This pause in the journey of my life has given me a chance to contemplate...to be still before God.
My doctor said I could go back to my job(s) and I have mixed feelings about that. In once sense, I am more than ready to resume my normal, albeit rather hectic life....... because it gives me a sense of purpose. I don't mind too much the house-cleaning jobs. But, on the other hand it is going to be hard to get back in the swing of things as a caregiver. With this current caregiving company, sometimes you never know where or when you'll be sent to work. And I find that rather hard sometimes, not knowing what to expect. I have encountered some pretty tough clients & situations!! 8-[I'm coming to the conclusion, that I like and crave, as I grow older.......stability. I really dislike being on call.
So, I'm having mixed emotions here & praying that God will give me guidance on what to do next with my life. Because I sure do need it!
No comments:
Post a Comment