I guess I never did get Ocean Dreams Part II written. O well. And now I can't really remember what else happened. My memory is failing me.........
I know we took the long way home, on Hwy 101, stopped at 2 beaches. One was Rialto beach where it was hoplessly foggy, but the waves were worth seeing. They crashed so loudly it was almost frightening. Michelle and I were having a great time looking for prettyy rocks that were washing up on the shore, but those blasted waves kept coming in closer & closer. It really ruined our fun. We also went through Forks, said hello to Bella and Edward and all the other vampires, ate at a great cafe in Quinalt, ( Angie wasn't hungry, Michelle had a HUGE chili dog, and I had the Quinalt sandwich & a order of wonderful onion rings.....yummy!) then we stopped at McDonald's in Port Angeles, and then went on home. As you can see my memory is pretty clear on where and what we ate, but beyond that...I don't remember.
It is so cold here! We have been going through a major cold snap that I hope ends soon. It's so cold that when you go outside....the coldness takes your breath away. The ground is perpetually frozen and all vegetation is crinkled up and dead. I have to wonder, how do the poor little birds keep warm in all this? You see a lot of them out yet, pecking around on the ground. I guess they have to keep active to keep the blood moving in their tiny veins.
We saw our cardinal friend yesterday! Yay! We hadn't seen him for ages, so it was good to see him again. He is just gorgeous!!
I'm just writing whatever comes to my brain.
My 15 year old cat has a new toy. She is wildly fascinated with a 5 inch long rubber glow-in-the-dark beetle. I have no idea why she likes it so much, but she does. She likes to bite it and meows at it frantically. Maybe she thinks its her baby. She used to do that with socks in her younger days. I'm just glad she is enjoying this over-sized rubber insect. It's good to see her moving around instead of just lying around sleeping. Not bad for a senior citizen! I will miss her so much when she dies!! :-(
Now, I need to go get ready to go to Tacoma. My family and I were invited as guests by my uncle ( who works at Point Defiance) to go to the office party, plus see Zoolights and get this.......go for free camel rides at the zoo! Uh huh.....and in 15 degree weather, too. Should make for a interesting, not to mention exceedlingly CHILLY night!
No comments:
Post a Comment