I'm sitting here at the computer with a powerful little fan blasting at my face. Honestly, this hot weather is really getting to me. I've been pretty uncomfortable the past few days with it, but just today I really didn't know if I could take much more! I just HAVE to whine a bit here. It's my blog after all.....I can whine and complain if I want to! :-)
I have never perspired as much in my life as I have this past week. The sweat just runs down your face in little riverlets, and your eyes get all dry a lot, and your skin is perpetually hot. I hate this weather and hope, hope, HOPE with all my heart it ends soon! 103 is NOT good for any state, least of all WA! Today, I just about passed out from the heat at the gas station. Sounds wimpy, but I had just cleaned a 3 story house, was hungry, and the gas fumes were getting to me. I had to literally fight to stay conscious and prayed that I would not faint. I mean.... how embarrasssing to pass out while pumping gas! I could just imagine if it did happen, the concerned looks on people's faces as they stared down at my lifeless form, laying on the concrete. And knowing me, I would probably fall down in a ungraceful little heap, or something dumb like that. Those thoughts alone kept me from swooning. But I tell you, it was a struggle!
Fortunately, we do have a swimming pool in our yard. This little round slice of cool has kept me sane, and happy for the most part. My sister and I have spent many carefree moments splashing around in it. If only the bugs would stay out, all would be perfect. It's not very fun to be in there with assorted bugs & spider legs floating by you, let me tell you. Oh, and also the scent of sun baked dog poop isn't very nice. I guess that's what comes of having a dog poop anywhere she pleases on the lawn, and no one feeling energetic enough to scoop it up.
HAHAHA! So 103 degree heat is no laughing matter, but the mental picture of your conscious effort to avoid swooning, and sitting in the pool amongst bloated crickets and dismembered spiders was enough to make me cackle out loud!
ReplyDeleteThe silver lining? At least baked dog poo is easier to scoop than "rained on" dog poo! :)